After two coats of paint, in Behr's swiss coffee, and new hardware and hinges, in a brushed nickle finish, they were looking like this.Definitely an improvement but still lacking the character I was going for.
They were already painted white, but they were in major need of a massive cleaning and a fresh coat of paint. Then we sanded and cleaned each cabinet door and all of the cabinets inside and out.
I also decided I wanted to go for a more open look so I removed a few cabinet doors and created a little open storage.
The lower cabinets got a coat of soft blue/gray paint.
And as always, be sure to follow Diva Of DIY on Pinterest and sign up for our FREE Newsletter to receive the latest projects delivered straight to your inbox!
I would love to replace them completely, but that isn't an option right now, so I decided to jazz the old ones up a bit.